Monday, March 19, 2007

Princess & the Pea and other pillow talk.....




Finely got around to taking some pics of our bed painted. This bed is mammoth! I have to have a bench in order to get up into it. This bed is not for a pregnant lady! While it may sound silly(humor me) I feel so princess and the pea.........and downright safe in this bed! It is high, lofty, and soft! This is the bed that you turn to in all times of trouble......and sickness. (My son always wants to sleep in it when he is sick.) This is that place for kicking back with the latest decorating mags or novel & relishing EVERY creature comfort! Of course we have the pillows for softy goodness ...(I wanted to share my two new ones in picture that I just got done sewing from two towels I found thrifting.) The pillows make the bed....right ladies? It is the pillows that we sink into and give out that requisite sigh.....that says it is now time for rest & relaxation ! A time to nurture ourselves for a bit! This bed is all that...... enveloping and welcoming...and I wouldn't want it any other way! We all need that "safe haven" from time to time and well this is def. mine! xoxo, cherry

4 comments:

Mary said...

See you're still "pillow worshipping" Cherry! But such pretty ones - love the new ones made from your thrifty towels - wonder who MH was? Oh yes, we must have them even though all the dh's in the world seem to despise them - mainly because they don't know where to toss 'em before getting into the bed! Your new painted bed looks great - sweet dreams!!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love your pillows Cherry! They are wonderful. I love anything with initials stitched on it, especially pillows. They look so great. And that bed, well, I think you described it pretty well. It does look like the kind of bed you would turn to not only in times of sickness, but for relaxing with that book. It's yummy ;O) Well done!
allie from minneapolis
www.mycozyhome.com

Anonymous said...

Oh Cherry, your bed is just beautiful! It certainly does look like a wonderful haven to be all snuggled up in! Love ALL of the pillows! AND the newly painted look! Just wonderful!
xo,
Kim

LA said...

I could curl up there with my pile of mags and a good cuppa. Love it!

LA