Sunday, July 29, 2007

Benches, step stools, A-plenty!




How many benches or step stools does a woman need? At last count for me... 12. I just added the one you see in the middle of the two little red ones. It was soooo cute with its little undulating curves. Of course it had to be painted (it was a Gosh Awful seventies dark wood). Can a bench be sexy I ask..this one certainly is the Mae West of them all!!! Yes I am a sucker for the utilatarian cuties...whether it has anything to do with me being 5'2 and their handiness in helping me on my quest for drinking glasses on the second shelf..hmmmm I really don't know. All I know is they are cute and the price of 3.00 was right! I also got the old apple basket this weekend for 2.00...threw some fave check pillows of mine in and called it good. Now baskets and I have a love affair as well...but THAT is another whole story! Happy Sunday! Cherry

7 comments:

Kim @ Twice Remembered said...

Hey there! Those benches are so sweet! I need to start picking some up for myself...they look great stacked like you have them. Lovely! Your dresser makeover below is really great, too. It looks so much fresher and lighter in white and it makes the accessories really pop! I love the display of old doorknobs...I seemthem at flea markets and admire them so much - now I know what I can do with them. WHat a great idea!

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

I LOVE those benches, especially the colours and the way you have them all stacked up!!

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Great benches! I love the colors and having them stacked is really sweet! I'd like to hear the story about your love of baskets sometime.

Laurie and Chris said...

They look so cute stacked on top of each other like that.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sooooooooo glad you are back! And I think I'm going to steal your adorable stacking bench idea! Love them!!!!
xo,
Kim

Unknown said...

I really like the benches!! The colors are so great. Also love the apple basket with the pillows in it - great pillows. The hat on top of the stool is so cute - as is the wall in the background. I really like the colors. A very pretty display Cherry!

allie
www.mycozyhome.typepad.com

Anita said...

Love the benches & stools! They indeed are handy things to have. I still have a sturdy little chair from childhood that I use for climbing up and reaching things.