Sunday, June 3, 2012

Domestic Goddess....







                       Hey there!  I am back today with a fun pocket created with RRR ribbon.  I was in the mood for my favorite color...red.  Just some fun kitschy yumminess.  I love to add unique one of a  kind goodies to my creations.  Something maybe a little unexpected.  It is fun to think outside the box..and it is good for the earth to use recycled goods.  Every little bit helps.   I have made cards in the past with vintage silverware and the idea struck me to use one on a pocket...almost like a handle.  I also used a fun vintage measuring spoon as the main image on a tag.  This would be perfect for the cook in your life.  
                          Pockets are fun too because you get to use diffrent types of ribbons with out being limited like you might be with a card.  I decided to use some of the woven red burlap ribbon for my tags along with some red and white twine.   Great way to add texture and interest.  I also used red seam binding on some of the smaller tags.  The front of the pocket I added a bit of Estelle lace to the bottom of the pocket.  I also added a touch of blue texture ribbon to the bottom of the title for a pop of blue.  This ribbon is new in the store and I love it.  Hope you have enjoyed my kitschy ensemble!  Have a happy day!  hugs, cherry

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeee that G45 line and loving all the red and the spoons!!!

Ros said...

Terrific!! They all look good enough to eat! I adore the reds and all the tiny trinkets

Rita Barakat said...

Oh my goodness how adorable! I love these ideas!!! And thank you for your well wishes I am getting better everyday!

cnelson said...

Ohhhhhh so CUTE and FUN! LOVE the vintage images and all the FAB details!!

Sheila Rumney said...

So cute! Just love this vintage cooking feel!

Jill Norwood said...

Adorable cards and details! Don't you just love red!!! It makes me happy! :)