Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Cake you say???






 
 

 


Why yes thank-you!  I thought I should pop in since it is now May 1st.  Time is a monster. I have been busy, busy, busy with track meets, Spring cleaning, house projects, and my Papa's birthday this past weekend.  I made him a chocolate chip cake.  One of THE yummiest cakes ever...if you like chocolate that is.  We  most certainly do in this house.  I will be sharing the recipe down below for you.  It is very easy.  I first found the recipe over at Ms. Kims many moons ago.  She was sweet enough to share it along with her beautiful home.  I sorely  miss that cottage of hers.  Do any of you remember Sweet Daisy cottage?
                                         Anyways this cake never lasts long in our house..and if you make it you will see why.   My other little share is what I am calling a Mini curio plaque.  I adore it.  I used lots of little sweet tid bits.  I love anything that speaks of home.  I used little wooden houses, vintage buttons, antique  mother of pearl buttons, wood hearts found on etsy, antique laces, and of course some yummy seam bindings from RRR.   I just made this for fun ..made my heart smile today!  I hope it does yours too!  Here is the recipe.....just add your ingredients one by one and mix it all up.....I use a bunt pan and put her in the oven. OHHH it makes the house smell soo good! Next time I think I might try peanut butter chips for something different.   Hugs, cherry



preheat oven to 350  bake for 45-50 minutes
chocolate cake mix
1 package of chocolate pudding (I use the large size)
1 cup of sour cream
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup of oil
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 12 oz. bag of chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate)

9 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Your cake looks delicious! As does your plaque ... I have a few of those little boxes and lots of those wooden house ... seeing this gives me inspiration ... It's lovely!

Patty O'Malley said...

That cake looks delicious! What a way to start my morning while eating a rather plain breakfast! lol (The glimpse of your new kitchen looks beautiful, btw.) I love this wall handing you made. Totally my style!

Geri said...

OK...the LAST thing I need to do is try that recipe!!! Adore the little curio! Just picked up some of those little houses. I had Festive Friday on my mind when I saw them! Beautiful little project!

BittersweetPunkin said...

Cake would go so great with my coffee this morning....:) I think I will have to make that. Thanks for sharing.

~Robin

chucksusan said...

I am like you. I like to put bits and pieces together when creating. Don't usually even know where I'm going with it when I start. Loved yours! I too would definitely try the cake. Can you tell me if you use instant or cooked version of pudding???? Thanks!

cherry said...

Hi Susan...I use instant pudding...you just add the pudding mix in with everything..adds moisture.

TLady said...

OH MY!!!!!!! :) We're chocolate lovers too!!!!!!!! THANK YOU CHERRY!!!!!!! :) AND your project is LOVELY!!!!!!!!! :)

Kristi said...

That cake looks DELICIOUS!!!!! I'm making this! And I want to see your WHITE kitchen! :)
Kristi

Michelle said...

That curio plaque is gorgeous! You always create such lovely things. It's truly a pleasure to come to your blog.