Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Happily Ever After








Time for a new challenge over at RRR!   This time it is a monochromatic challenge with ribbon..with the addition of one color.  I  have had these antique silhouettes in my stash and decided to finally use them.   I was going for a Great Gatsby art deco style.   I cut two mini holes on the inside of each picture and added some vintage findings floral pieces wrapped with bits of copper.  I thought it was unique and a bit different.  My added color of course is gold.   I thought it worked so well with the black and white.  Which isn't exactly monochromatic...but you won't tell will Ya? I also added 1/4 inch natural crochet lace and layered it with Gabrielle off white crochet lace. This would make a great wedding or anniversary card.   Make sure to join the challenge with us!   Hope you enjoy!   cherry

1 comment:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Super elegant...and also there's a touch of humor here, because I swear those two silhouettes are arguing with one another. LOL Love the copper wire...so cool!